Every year a Champion of the Child award is presented by the ECD coalition to a community member (or members) who makes a real difference in the lives of our young children and families.
If you know someone who you think should be recognized as a Champion, please contact us.
We look at the following criteria when selecting our Champion;
- Number of years of service on behalf of children
- Knowledge of early childhood development issues
- Evidence of involvement with young children and their families on a local community level
- Individual’s influences on early childhood development beyond ordinary expectations especially at the local community level
- Evidence of speaking out on behalf of young children in ways that reflect the goals and purposes of the North Okanagan Early Years Coalition.
We Salute our Past Champions of the Child
2007 Recipient: Murray Clare
2008 Recipient: Maureen Thiel
2009 Recipients, Margaret Heater and the Science Centre.