Some of the resources have been converted into Adobe Acrobat (PDF) file format. If you don’t have Adobe Reader loaded onto your computer you may download this software free of charge.
Resources especially for parents
- Baby’s Best Chance
This is the most current edition of Baby’s Best Chance, a Parents’ Handbook of Pregnancy and Baby Care published by the Government of British Columbia a wonderful resource guide to having a successful, healthy pregnancy and giving your baby a good start in life.
- Parents Guide to Choosing Child Care in BC
A guide published by the BC government to assist parents in selecting and monitoring child care.
- Early Childhood Development Resource Directory 2012
Early years resources in the communities of Armstrong, Enderby, and Falkland
Resources especially for early years educators, caregivers, & organizations
- Children & Youth with Special Needs: A Framework for Action
This cross-ministry CYSN Framework for Action is B.C.’s strategy to improve access, quality and coordination of services for children and youth with special needs & their families. It is a joint initiative of the Ministry of Children and Family Development, the Ministry of Education and the Ministry of Health Services. The Framework provides a foundation for coordinated, collaborative action among people working in the health, education and social service sectors in B.C., and a platform of common values, principles and overarching strategies to guide the work. Participation and action from all sectors and from families will be required to help us reach the goal of better supporting children and youth with special needs
- Early Development Instrument
The Early Development Instrument (EDI) is a questionnaire developed by Dr. Dan Offord and Dr. Magdalena Janus at the Offord Centre for Child Studies at McMaster University.
The questionnaire has 104 questions and measures five core areas of early child development that are known to be good predictors of adult health, education and social outcomes.
- Early Intervention Therapy Guidelines
Guidelines for early intervention therapy developed by the BC Ministry of Children and Family Development in January 2009
- BC Child Poverty Report 2014
First Call Coalition’s 2014 BC Child Poverty Report Card
- Strong Start
The British Columbia’s early education website full of information that is designed to support facilitators with the development and delivery of the StrongStart BC early learning program.
Links especially for parents and grandparents
Links especially for educators, caregivers, & organizations
- Affiliation of Multicultural Societies and Service Agencies of BC
- First Call: BC Child and Youth Advocacy Coalition – a non-partisan, province-wide coalition of individuals and provincial and regional organizations
- Early Childhood Educators of BC
- Canadian Institute for Child Health
- BC Aboriginal Child Care Society
- Success by 6
- Early Years Community Development Institute